Brian Noblin is one of Myrtle Beach’s best golf package providers, and he is a stick. A former long drive champion, Noblin can play and he knows the area golf scene as well as anyone. With that in mind, we asked him to give us his list of the top 5 par 3s you can play as part of the Myrtle Beach’s Best package, and he produced a list you may find surprising.
Without further ado, here are the top 5 par 3s you can play, according to our man on the scene, Brian Noblin.
- The third and 12th holes, which play along Cherry Grove, get all the attention at Tidewater, but Noblin went with the ninth. The marsh from the nearby Intracoastal runs up the entire left side of this 182-yard hole, which provides plenty of beauty, but Noblin loves it for another reason: it’s the site of his first and only ace!
- The seventh hole at True Blue, home to a massive two-tiered green, can range in length from 140 to 175 yards (from the blue tees) depending on where the pin is set up. If the flag is on the upper part of the green, you must clear a massive bunker to get to the putting surface. It helps to be able to hit the ball as far Noblin when the flag is up there, but it’s an outstanding hole either way.
- With the inclusion of the par 3 15th at the Dye Club on the list, I’m beginning to wonder if Noblin is a bit of a masochist. The hole plays 204 yards from the black tees where our man puts the peg in the ground and there is a lot of sand between the tee box and an undulating green. None of that scares Noblin, who says, “It fits my eye for that high draw 7 iron; I lick my lips here.”
- (More content: Dye Club is tough, but don’t let it intimidate you)
- There are a lot of brawny holes on this list, but the par 4 fourth hole at King’s North isn’t one of them. It’s a pretty downhill par 3 that plays over water and often requires you to navigate a cross wind that can’t be felt from the tee box. While many holes require muscle, this one demands finesse.
- The eighth hole at Shaftesbury Glen is long – 185 yards from the white tees – and water on the left and sand come into play. The hole is challenging and scenic, just the way Noblin seems to like them.
How does your list compare to Noblin’s?
Give us a rough idea of what you’re looking for, and we’ll quote your perfect golf vacation at the best price. Once you’ve got your quote in hand, you can share it with your group, and customize it to fit your exact needs. We’ll respond to your request as quickly as possible, most within 24-48 hours. Let’s get started on your golf trip!