For many groups, a post-round trip to happy hour is as much a part of a Myrtle Beach golf trip as a friendly wager. In many cases, the clubhouse will offer a great post-round cocktail area, but you also might want to explore the area for your perfect happy hour spot. Whether you’re in search of a craft brew, a sports bar or a hole in the wall, the Grand Strand has something for your group.
With that in mind, here is our list of the top 5 places to enjoy happy hour on your next Myrtle Beach golf trip.
- We’re going to start on the south end at Dead Dog Saloon, one of the most popular spots along the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. The view over the marsh is stunning, Dead Dog regularly has live music, and if you stay for dinner, the food is good. There are few places that offer a more relaxing atmosphere (or a better view) than Dead Dog.
- On the other end of the spectrum, Dave & Buster’s, located at Broadway at the Beach, features 40,000-square feet of video games, HD televisions and good times. You are never too old to enjoy the fun at D&B, and you have the rest of Broadway at the Beach at your disposal as well.
- If you are in search of a more relaxed setting in Myrtle Beach, Anchor Café, located along the Intracoastal Waterway at Marina Inn, is the place to go. It’s hard to beat outdoor seating along the Waterway and great drink specials. Anchor Café is tucked away in the marina, but it’s worth the effort to find.
- Who doesn’t love a good Irish pub, especially one that used to be a jail?! Yes, Flynn’s Irish Tavern in North Myrtle Beach was once a jail (insert joke here!). Now it’s one of the North Strand’s most popular happy hour spots for locals and out-of-town golfers alike. Grab a Guinness here, you won’t be disappointed.
- If you are a craft beer lover, add The Brass Tap at Market Common to your list of prime happy hour destinations. With over 200 craft beers from around the globe and an atmosphere the creates the feel of a neighborhood bar, The Brass Tap is a good time.
While those are five of our favorites, there are no shortage of happy hour landing spots along the Grand Strand!
Give us a rough idea of what you’re looking for, and we’ll quote your perfect golf vacation at the best price. Once you’ve got your quote in hand, you can share it with your group, and customize it to fit your exact needs. We’ll respond to your request as quickly as possible, most within 24-48 hours. Let’s get started on your golf trip!