This week we will see the best players in the world descend on the “Gateway to the West” for the 100th playing of the PGA Championship. We will see world number 1 Dustin Johnson try to hold the top spot as Justin Thomas mounts his charge. Bellerive Country Club will favor a long hitter and a great ball striker. Now the question is, who is going to win?
Here are our top 5 picks to win the final major of the year:
- Dustin Johnson. This is a no brainer when you are talking about “horses for courses.” Johnson comes into this week coming off a win in Canada and T3 last week at Firestone. With his length and accuracy off the tee, and deadly wedges, the Coastal Carolina alumni comes into this week as the clear favorite.
- Justin Thomas. Riding the wave of momentum from his win last week in Akron, the defending PGA Champ is riding high heading into this week. With his strength off the tee and ability to hit soft wedges, Thomas should be a strong favorite.
- Tommy Fleetwood. A ball striking savant, Fleetwood is coming off a relatively disappointing weekend at Firestone. Nonetheless, the Englishman’s ball striking should keep him high on most favorites lists this week. Fleetwood is also still looking for that breakthrough win on U.S. soil, what better event to do it at?
- Brooks Koepka. The two-time U.S. Open champion is one of the longest players on Tour and Bellerive should fit his bomb and gouge style of play. Koepka is one the of the more underrated putters on tour which will only help him this week on Bellerive’s massive greens.
- Rory McIlroy. The two-time winner of the PGA Championship comes to Bellerive with a sour taste in his mouth after a rough Sunday at Firestone. However, Rory showed some good signs throughout the week by scrambling and putting pretty well. When McIlroy turns it on, he’s almost impossible to beat.
This is the last taste of major championship golf we will get until 2019. So sit back, relax and enjoy the 100th playing of the PGA Championship.
Give us a rough idea of what you’re looking for, and we’ll quote your perfect golf vacation at the best price. Once you’ve got your quote in hand, you can share it with your group, and customize it to fit your exact needs. We’ll respond to your request as quickly as possible, most within 24-48 hours. Let’s get started on your golf trip!